I am happy to announce that the FREE sermon notes are now available from the Sermon entitled WOMEN UNDER CONSTRUCTION. Click HERE to view, save or print the pdf version or you can read it below.
TOPIC: Women under Construction
SCRIPTURE: Philippians 1:6 NIV – being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
MESSAGE GOAL: To remind women in particular that God is not finished with us yet. In fact, things might seem messy and chaotic right now, but it is because we are a work-in-progress. We are under construction!
- Believe it or not, God is working on all of us in one way or the other. Each person’s story or journey is different from the other.
- Some individuals have large construction projects going on, while some have smaller ones. Yet, some individuals are going through a period of remodeling or renovation.
- This song came to my mind when I heard of the theme: He’s still working on me. To make me what I need to be. It took him just a week to make the moon and stars. The sun and the earth and Jupiter and Mars. How loving and patient He must be. ‘Cause He’s still workin’ on me.
- When I think about construction sites, they are not safe places. I have visited a few sites before and was warned with words like “be careful” and “don’t hurt yourself now”. In fact, we can expect to see several warning signs upon our approach, such as:
- BE CAREFUL
- DANGER ZONE
- WATCH YOUR STEP
- IMPROVING TO BETTER SERVE YOU
- COMING SOON
- CHECK BACK SOON
- MEN AT WORK
- WORK AHEAD
- THIS AREA/SECTION UNDER CONSTRUCTION
- Plus, numerous other warning sign and photos
- Women under construction need to take note of the following:
- God is the contractor of the project.
- God design us for his purpose.
- A solid foundation must be laid first.
- God use tools to get the job done.
- Nails, nuts, bolts and other small material are not insignificant.
- Signs, cones and other warning.
- The waiting process.
- Maintaining the finished work.
- The reason why you are facing so many trials is simply because YOU ARE UNDER CONSTRUCTION.
- There were some construction projects that were put on hold; but it is time to bounce back! God can pick up the pieces and start to work again if you would allow him.
- We serve a God of restoration and he will restore everything the enemy has stolen from you.
- You are still alive today because God is not finished with you yet. He who began a good work in you is faithful to complete it. When the hand of God is on your life, all things will work together for your good.
- The topic “Women under Construction” tells me that God is doing some serious work in the lives of his people. Like a construction site, this theme tells me that God is breaking down, but he is also building up; God is adjusting, assembling and plastering.
- God is not just building but he is building something GREAT and something BEAUTIFUL in you and in me.
- Finally, we must have on the right gear – put on the whole armor of God that we would be able to stand against the wiles of the enemy.
Additional Scripture References:
- Psalm 139
- Romans 12:2 NIV – Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.
- 1 John 3:2 NIV – Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.
- 2 Corinthians 3:18 NIV – And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.
Click HERE to view, save or print the pdf version of this Sermon Notes. Were you blessed or challenged? Share your comments below or share with a friend!
Ve-Anna Thomas, A Woman under Construction